Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hiking in the Woods

I found out that Ottawa has a large greenbelt area that has lots of trees and hiking trails so I decided to go for a hike in the woods to see what I could see. The blue triangles on the trees show you where the trail is.



I saw a beaver's home in the middle of a swamp. A beaver's home looks like a large pile of sticks and mud and it is called a lodge.



I saw a garter snake hiding in the sticks. It is coloured so that it blends in with the sticks to make it tough for its enemies to see.


Then I found a Wild Bird Rehabilitation Centre which is a hospital for birds. I went inside and saw lots of different birds. I even had a ride on a pheasant! It was a fun adventure.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to share this site with all of my flat friends!

    Have a great weekend, Flat Lauren!

    Flat Mrs. Agnew :)

    ReplyDelete